Friday, December 6, 2013

This Holiday Make it a GiveLoveCation

This Holiday Make it a GiveLoveCation
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

THIS HOLIDAY MAKE IT A GIVELOVECATION

Okay I admit, we went on vacation.  Whenever I go on vacation and I realize some of you are back at work, I feel a twinge of guilt until I remember that you were on vacation when I was working last year.

I wonder what would happen if we all went on vacation at the same time, like for a full week?  Everyone would know it was coming and we’d all stock up on weird food like canned Spam and Stagg chili like some of us do when there is a threat of natural disaster. Then shazam! Staycation would begin – you’d sleep late, share day old newspapers, play ball in the street with your kids or build snow people…and do good things for those you love.

We'd call it a GiveLovecation. You’d listen to your partner, spouse or kid just because you loved them. AND you’d finally listen without giving advice.

You’d hold the door. Or you’d randomly pick up trash because you loved your neighborhood so much. You’d cook dinner for someone single, with or without kids. Afterwards, you’d play video games with them and let them beat you. You’d make sure everyone had enough food and if they didn’t, you’d feed them. You’d wash your teenage neighbor’s car - just because. You’d let your dog lick the plates (just this once – ewwwww!) then you’d walk them as far as they wanted to walk – off leash.

We are coming up on that big holidaze of stuff. This year in addition to, or instead of,giving things, if you and your family already have enough stuff, why not start your own GiveLoveCation. Give love to each other – really give love without the... “See, I listen to you sometimes…”  Give love to your neighbors and your friends. Give love to those who you suspect might really need a little extra love. You and I both know that most people don’t need that tacky, smelly candle, they just rather be loved.

Go love ‘em up.
Thank you all for everything you are doing in the world to make it a better place. I. LOVE. YOU. 


2014 EVENTS - Oh yes, it's almost here.

Friday, January 3 – AM NORTHWEST  New Year, New You segment.  I'll be interviewed on daytime TV KATU-TV (ABC) 

Portland Unity Church – New Year, New You Workshop January 12th
I’ll be doing the services in the AM and then in the afternoon from 1:00-3:00, I will be leading avision to reality workshop.  Want to start your year off with all big bang?  Come join me for $35 to DRAW YOUR DREAMS INTO REALITY for 2014 and beyond. PS. You don't need to know how to draw.

 
 

CAN YOU ENVISION IT?

WORKING WITH TEENS

Lisa DeKrey fromTastefully Simplesuggested to me a LONGTIMEAGO that I should write a book on goal setting for teens.
I'll be running some vision to reality focus groups in the PNW with teens to find out what they really need in preparation. If you are connected to a school that might be interested in being a part of this project, please have email me.

RADIANT LONGEVITY INTERNATIONAL SUMMIT

ANCIENT WISDOM FOR CREATING VIBRANT HEALTH IN THE SECOND HALF OF LIFE

This is going to be an awesome line-up of interviews and I've been asked to be part of it.
If you want to listen in to these amazing interviews, check out Stacy Romillah
I'll be keeping you posted on this as the weeks go by. Save January 23rd for sure ;-)
 

SHOUT OUT

DAVID CARRIERE

This guy makes so much happen behind the scenes for me.
Whether he is pitching my book, or getting me onto some radio or TV show, my Public Relations aficionado, David Carriere, is #awesome.
If you are thinking about publishing a book and need a helping hand on the PR end, check him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment