Wednesday, January 2, 2013


BRING YOUR 500% TO THE NEW YEAR

When my partner Julie and I were first together, we lived in Denver and she was between jobs. She had been job hunting for awhile and was feeling disparaging about herself and her ability to ever get one. In my mind, she was (and is) a truly fantastic leadership and talent development expert, so I couldn't go down that slippery slope with her.  I was leaving on a business trip to work in Slovakia, but before I left I said to her, "I see you as 500% more than what you can see in yourself right now. If you could see yourself from that 500% bigger person that you really are, why not look for a job from that perspective?"

The second night in Slovakia, my cell phone rang.  It was Julie, she was over the top with excitement, "You said 500%, right?" Cool! I responded, "Where did you get a job?"  "Seattle!" she shouted.  I thought, Seattle?  Now how did your 500% suddenly become my 500%?!

That job brought us to this great city. Here we have had one adventure after another. We've worked with amazing companies, met new friends, expanded our abilities to serve and be served by life. Her 500% took me to my 500% as well and I can't thank her enough!
WHY NOT BRING YOUR 500% TO 2013?
Ask yourself, if I were being 500% of the person I see myself to be, what would I be doing right now? 
Then, get going.  Take a moment to draw a simple picture of that new you.  If you have forgotten the power of the visual, review my 8 minute TEDx talk.  Then take a few small bites of that elephant to get yourself started living that "500% you", today.

MAKE GIVING GO VIRAL  This is my theme for 2013.  I had a fantastic 2012 and this year, in addition to my regular paid speaking and client work, I'll be giving back.  If you know of an organization or company who needs a kick start, please send them my way. I will be speaking to the following groups in January and leading workshops across the country.  I'd like to come to your city or your team.
JANUARY 6:
Seattle UNITY Church Services & Spiritual Goal Setting Workshop:

9AM & 11AM Services - "Love is the Portal"
The UNITY church is an all embracing church located at 200 8th Avenue just off of Denny Way in Seattle. Their music and services are magnificent and this is a lovely community of people. They have invited me to be the speaker for both services. I'd love to see you there, no matter your faith.

1-3 PM NEW YEAR, NEW YOU:  Spiritual Goal Setting to Help You Lead Your Best Life
If you or that "friend of yours" needs a boost in 2013, give them this workshop as a gift and kick start 2013 by goal setting from the highest place.  I can't wait to meet you or them there!
$25 in advance, $35 at the door. www.seattleunity.org
JANUARY 15 & 16:
Children's Storefront - Harlem

I met the Board President for this amazing school, in a restaurant in New York, when I was stuck during a snowstorm. He invited me to teach visual goal setting to this school's students. I'll be there during the week of January 14th.  If you are a teacher, a parent or principal, and know a school that would like to bring visual goal setting to your students, send me an email: patti@upyourcreativegenius.com and let's add you to this year's schedule.

For workshops or talks in your area, check the calendar on my home page.  If your city isn't there, contact me and let's make it happen!

Join me to make 2013 a 500% year for you.  You deserve it and those around you will be lifted up by your belief and action.

MAPS YOU DREW

DRAW YOUR FUTURE

Here was Rohit's map that he drew for last year! Send me your map so I can feature it here!

SUSTAINABLE YOU

KYLE ZEPPELIN NEXT TO THE SHIPPING CRATE POOL

Zeppelin Development are doing some amazing things in Denver.
If you live there, go see the TAXI loft area.  We did a team/company visioning session a few years back and that vision came to be and more!

SECRET WEAPONS

CREATIVE GENIUS TEAM

Scott Ward Art.  Yep I know you all think it is all me all the time, but honestly Scott Ward (Seattle) and Brad Clemmons (Denver) are the secret sauce in Up your Creative Genius.
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment