Sunday, March 25, 2012

Are You Using a Picture to Make Your Goals Real?

This week I heard from a gentleman who had taken a mind mapping workshop with Tony Buzan.  During the workshop he created this amazing mind map of what he wanted his life to be like.  The things he wrote and drew in this image are now the reality of his life today:


Here's Thum's story:
"My Future was drawn  21st April 2006 when I attended a workshop by Tony Buzan. He taught me Mind Map and it changed my future from a desk bound in-house legal counsel in a bank to become a licensed instructor sharing his vision of global mental literacy.

I have been sharing my drawings on facebook and with other people.  It changed their mind-sets and I am seeing more acceptance in Singapore where I live and work.  Recently, facebook has brought me to other countries i.e. Indonesia, Bulgaria, India, Thailand, Middle East, etc.  I am a regular contributor to Mind Map Art and was featured in a Singapore private University Magazine: 

Mind Map Art:   http://www.mindmapart.com/galleries/thum-cheng-cheong/
University Magazine:  http://tlc.unisim.edu.sg/publications/communitas/201201/


You can turn your dreams into reality using a simple picture too.  #meanit  #believeit
The best thing is, you don't even need to know how to draw!

Join us Monday, March 26th, 9AM PST or 5PM PST on our Google+ hangouts!


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post. It’s a lot like college – we should absorb everything we can but ultimately you need to take what you’ve learned and apply it.
    1984 Buick Skyhawk AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! You can dream all you want, but you have to train your brain to work for you, and then you have to do the legwork! The picture keeps you motivated to do it!

    ReplyDelete